Friday, September 10, 2010

what the heck is a soap nut?!



Soap nuts? Huh? a nut made from soap? soap that grows on a tree?

Does this sound a little crazy to you? Here's a bit more info on where soap nuts come from:




The tree the nuts are grown from is called 'spandius mukorossi'

http://http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapindus

I thought about re-writing into my own words...but lets be serious no one can write that scientific stuff like good ol' wikipedia.


Here are some commonly asked questions regarding the nuts, I've taken these questions for http://www.superiorsoapnuts.com/ which is the soapnut supplier.


Are soapnuts safe to use on delicate clothes?


YES. Soapnuts are safe to use on even the most delicate of fabrics, such as wool and silk. The gentleness of the product will maintain the structure of the fabrices for longer. No chemicals means less wear and tear.


Are soapnuts safe for people with sensitive skin?


YES. Because they are chemical free, users will find they are better then other detergents and cleaners. Soap nuts are reccommended for individuals with exzcema, allergies and senstivities.



Are soapnuts safe for my machine?


YES. The life of your machine will only be greater by using the nuts. If you are switching to soapnuts, they will even clean your machine of left over chemical residues from pervious washings.



There aren't many suds is that a problem?


No. Your cleaning will be just as effective without the suds. Soapnuts don't contain the chemical foaming agents used in commercial cleaners, which is why the suds arent as visible.



There is more Q&A's about soap nuts http://http//www.superiorsoapnuts.com/FAQ.html



I got my shipment in yesterday :) My husband thinks im nuts (baha no pun intended!) for being so excited about a GIANT box of laundry soap! but Im pretty sure he decided id gone of the deep end a long time ago, before the age of the soapy nut. He came home one night late, around midnight and I was still up decoupaging my coffee table and he said thats when he knew id lost it and let crafts take over my life. Its true im addicted to crafts and soapnuts. its probably as hard to quit as crack, but not as bad for my lungs? heart? brain? whatever it is that cracks messes up.

With my shipment in I have gotten right to work to offer a great local place for people to come and pick up their soapnuts. We will be at the Kitchener Market!!! (starting the 25th)

Kitchener Market is 7am-2pm Saturdays

No comments:

Post a Comment