Sunday, September 26, 2010

How to Make Cleaner with Soap Nuts



Making cleaner with soap nuts is a great way to get rid of germs and clean your house without chemicals. Its also incredibly easy!
to make the cleaner I take 7-10 soap nuts in a pot with 6 cups of water
bring to a boil, and let it boil for 30 mins

its as easy as that! You should end up with about 4 cups of liquid.
At this point you can strain the nuts and put the liquid into an air tight container. (Mason jars work best)
Some prefer to leave the soap nuts in the liquid, its really up to you.


Because soap nuts are a fruit, the liquid can go bad if left in an unseal container, or left for to long. I have left my liquid in a mason jar in my cupboard for over a month at a time and in my time with Soup nuts I have yet to experience it go 'bad'. If you are concerned about the possibility or to be proactive on the life of your cleaner keep it in the fridge.
If you are interested in adding scents to your soap nut detergent or cleaner put in a couple drops of essential oils. The liquid will last longer on the shelf with it, and it smells great.


This liquid can be used undiluted as laundry detergent, or mixed with water as a household cleaner (1 part liquid to 3 parts water).


The best part about cleaning with soap nuts is its versatility. I use the same spray bottle on my floors, my bathtub, my counters, even my couch!


Tried and tested I have yet to find something soap nuts can't clean. (It even cleaned blood out of the couch when my dog cut himself!) Try it for yourself and feel free to leave any comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment