Friday, November 26, 2010

Chemicals you may be absorbing.....


Have some new jewelery I've been working on in the studio. I'm doing a lot of greens, blues and deep garnet lately. I think its the fall/winter getting to me. Now that I have a toddler, I am really growing to loath winter. I don't mind the cold and the coats and I actually like the snow, but its SO dark! by the time I have dinner made and its been eaten by the babe/doggies (Aiben is very big on sharing) It's to dark to go anywhere with him without a car.


With Christmas coming up VERY quickly I just want to remind everyone about soap nuts being a FABULOUS stocking stuffer. Pick up your great and unique soap nut gifts at the Kitchener Market (Bi weekly), Let It Heal (222 Fredrick st), or CH candle making 111 (West minister Dr Cambridge).


A lot of people have been asking me about the uses for soap nuts other then Laundry.

Soap nuts are diverse and can be used for House Hold Cleaner, window cleaner, Shampoo, Dish soap, Hand soap, Insect repellent, jewelery cleaner, dog shampoo and to steam clean your carpets.


To use soap nuts for these different things, the main thing is to use the 'Soap Nut' liquid recipe I posted in a past entry. It's mainly a matter of diluting the liquid to your preference.



Just a little bit of Knowledge in regards to your regular laundry soap brands.........

When it comes to laundry soap, sometimes we don't realize that the stuff in our soap, stays in the clothes in whats called a chemical residue. This is the stuff that causes allergic reactions and sensitivities. Even if you don't react, YOUR SKIN IS STILL ABSORBING THESE CHEMICALS.

Here's a list of some regular ingredients in your brand name laundry soaps :


Cationic Surfactants, Anionic Surfactants,

Nonionic Surfactants,

Polyphyosphate, sodium carbonate, sodium silicate,

aluminosilicate, optical brighteners, coulorants,

sodium sulfate, Enzymes, Mono Ethanol Amine



Ingredients in soap nuts:

Saponin (Plant matter)


A little food for thought......

Please contact me if you have any questions about Soap Nuts or Other rebel Flower Company products!


No comments:

Post a Comment